Simple steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in your workplace
• Encourage sick employees to stay home
• Make sure your workplace is clean and hygienic: surfaces must be disinfected frequently
• Place hand sanitizer dispensers in visible places
• Post notices that encourage hand washing
• Make sure staff, contractors, and customers have access to places where they can wash their hands with soap and water
• Post notices that promote good respiratory hygiene
• Guarantee the availability of face masks and/or tissues in your work places for those who develop runny nose or cough during work, along with covered dustbins to get rid of them hygienically
• Inform employees, contractors, and customers that in the event that COVID-19 begins to spread in your community, everyone with a mild cough or fever (temperature of 37.3 ° C or higher) should stay home
• Advise workers to take certain steps before going to work:
• Check for symptoms of illness
• Notify your supervisor and stay home if symptoms develop
What can your spa and / or wellness business do?
Thank you to ISPA for sharing these Protection Measures And Guidelines
• Evaluate the cleaning frequency within treatment rooms and communal spaces and increase frequency if needed
• Post signage reminding employees about hygiene standards (i.e. hand washing, wiping down equipment after use, covering coughs, etc.) and have the messaging posted in a visible spot for guests to see as well to generate awareness
• Communicate reminders to guests and/or employees to wipe down fitness equipment before and after each use
• Develop a plan for how to handle a health emergency including:
• Location of nearest medical facility. Identify a quarantine room/space in the event that it is needed
• Identify an emergency plan on how to handle a situation if a guest or employee tests positive for COVID-19
• Identify a communications/public relations plan on how to respond to a situation if a guest or employee tests positive for COVID-19
Some materials to use in your workplace
What is coronavirus?
How to cope with stress during a coronavirus outbreak?
When to clean your hands?
How to wash your hands?
How and when to use a face mask?
World Health Organization’s basic protective measures against the new coronavirus
• Wash your hands frequently with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water
• Practice respiratory hygiene: Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately
• Maintain social distancing: at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
• Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
• If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
• Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider
• Stay home if you feel unwell