How can spas adapt their strategy for different markets?
Now Jade Riviera Cancún Resort & Spa
Diana F. Mestre
Mestre & Mestre Spa & Wellness Consulting
A spa must always consider the various cultural factors that affect the participation of potential clients. It is vital for a spa to run specific metrics to understand and differentiate their existing market, in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, preferences in addition to the potential market and how it can be reached.
It is important to create a thorough plan catering to specific markets, anticipating their needs and expectations.
• Offer special prices to local members by means of a loyalty or exclusive membership card.
• Acknowledge and reward repeat guests by offering exclusive add-on gifts to selected treatments.
• For first-time guests create a memorable experience by including a free spa consultation to personalize and customize preferences.
• For groups, select treatments that will make the spa the highlight of their event and offer a small upgrade that will enhance the service. If the spa offers a hydrotherapy experience, create a guided program with a special beverage and gourmet healthy snacks for the entire group.
• For the non-spa goers, offer a 20-minute, poolside scalp and foot massage for an attractive price and invite them to visit the spa to redeem a special bonus on their next spa treatment.