Spafinder’s business strategy helps thousands of spas and beauty salons in the Spafinder network more effectively connect to consumers
Spafinder—a leading marketing, gifting, incentives and rewards brand that connects people to thousands of spas and beauty salons—today announced its new gift card technology, enhanced distribution channels and additional partner services, making it even easier for consumers and businesses to give the gift of spa and beauty experiences.
“Gifting exceptional spa and beauty experiences has been at the heart of what Spafinder has been doing for over 30 years. Our new gift card technology, greater distribution capabilities and product offerings make it even easier for consumers to connect with our robust network of leading spa and beauty partners,” said Christi Durant, RVP of Sales, Spafinder. “Our business continues to focus on building relationships with some of the best spas and beauty salons to increase our redemption network and providing customers with an easy-to-use resource for pampering themselves or others with great spa experiences.”
Following its 2016 acquisition by Blackhawk Network—a global financial technology company and a leader in connecting brands and people through branded value solutions—Spafinder now more effectively connects people to spas and salons with gift cards distributed via retail, ecommerce, corporate, incentive and loyalty programs. The following changes to Spafinder’s business are a win-win for the spas and beauty salons in the Spafinder network as well as consumers:
New gift card technology:
• The new Spafinder gift card allows more consumer flexibility when making purchases. Originally a single-use card, the new Spafinder gift card allows for multiple uses so that consumers can spend any remaining balance on the gift card. Consumers can use the gift card at one or multiple spas and beauty salons in the Spafinder network for a wide range of services, including massages, facials, manicures, pedicures, hair-styling and more. It is available in both plastic and egift forms in denominations from $25–$500.
• For spas and beauty salons, the new gift cards can be easily processed within their existing payment systems. Spafinder’s new gift cards operate similar to a credit or debit card, so validating the gift card is easier and payments are processed more quickly. Spafinder partners can use the same processing system as other Visa payments, so there isn’t a need to invest in new point of sale equipment or change existing reconciliation processes.
“Today’s consumers are increasingly looking for gifts and incentives that create memories through experiences,” said Teri Llach, CMO at Blackhawk Network. “A recent National Retail Federation survey of almost 7,000 consumers found that nearly two-fifths of respondents would like to receive a gift of experience, from tickets to a sporting event to a gym membership. A Spafinder gift card meets this desire by providing consumers and businesses with a personalized and ‘share-worthy’ treat.”
Greater distribution of Spafinder gift cards:
• The new Spafinder gift cards are now available for purchase at Target, and will soon be available at www.spafinder.com. In addition, these cards will be available in almost 25,000 physical retail locations in the U.S., including Albertsons; on ecommerce sites, like GiftCards.com and GiftCardMall.com; and in reward programs through Chase Rewards and United MileagePlus, to name a few.
Additional partner services:
Spafinder also provides several new services for partners to help them grow their business, including:
• Create and sell a partner’s own branded gift card online, in bulk and within Blackhawk’s own in-store distribution network
• Create deals and offers for spas and beauty salons that can reach millions with Blackhawk’s publisher and merchant network
• An updated Spafinder website that includes data tracking for partners, as well as an enhanced database for customers to find a wide range of spas and beauty salons, from luxury locations like Marriott Hotel & Resorts, Mandara Spa and The Red Door, to more frequent use salons and day spas.
Spafinder’s Wellness 365™ brand, which offered incentive products and partnerships that helped to foster wellness in the workplace, will wind down as Spafinder continues to remain focused on its core business.
For more information, visit www.spafinder.com