Mattel, Inc. announced that Barbie has partnered with entrepreneurs and role models to inspire the next generation of leaders and dreamers to help build confidence and reinforce the limitless potential of girls everywhere.
To address the barrier to girls’ success, Barbie established the Barbie Dream Gap Project in 2018 to raise awareness around limiting factors that prevent girls from reaching their full potential.
Barbie is honoring 12 global female role models to remind girls they can be anything by shining a light on women who are leaders in their respective industries of tech, wellness, STEM, education, and more with one-of-a-kind Barbie dolls in their likeness.
In Mexico, Barbie honors Adriana Azuara, Entrepreneur and Founder of All4Spas, recognizing the trajectory of the first woman named as “Latin American Wellness Leader” and as one of the 100 most powerful women in business of Mexico in 2020, through the creation of a unique doll made in her image.
Regarding the initiative, Adriana Azuara commented that being selected by the brand as a role model increases her responsibility: “I must continue to put all my values and beliefs into practice, to inspire girls around the world.”
Barbie’s global lineup of role models includes:
- Shonda Rhimes (United States) – Founder of American Television Production Company Shondaland
- Ari Horie (United States/Japan) – Founder & CEO, Women’s Startup Lab and Women’s Startup Lab Impact Foundation
- Pat McGrath (United Kingdom) – Makeup Artist and Founder of Pat McGrath Labs
- Melissa Sariffodeen (Canada) – CEO and Co-Founder of Canada Learning Code and Ladies Learning Code
- Adriana Azuara (Mexico) – Founder of All4Spas
- Doani Emanuela Bertain (Brazil) – Teacher and Founder of Sala 8
- Jane Martino (Australia) – Chair and Co-Founder of Smiling Mind
- Lan Yu (China) – Fashion Designer
- Butet Manurung (Indonesia) – Founder and Director of SOKOLA
- Sonia Peronaci (Italy) – Founder of Italian food website, ‘GialloZafferano’
- Tijen Onaran (Germany) – CEO and Founder of Global Digital Women and Co-Founder of ACI Diversity Consulting
- Lena Mahfouf (France) – Digital Creator, Videographer and Author of ‘Always More’